Week 10 Assignment #1 New Literacies in School

Hey all, the following presentation is based on new literacies in the classroom and some issues you may come across when incorporating them into a curriculum.
/>

Comments

  1. I think no expansion of New literacy knowledge is something that plays a major role in the development of new literacies because of the fact that many teachers may not know what it is or what it does. Without knowledge of new literacies, then how can teachers develop the minds of learners and be able to teach them how to use technology appropriately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you, Maia! Even though it may be scary, teachers should push themselves to try new technologies in the classroom!

      Delete
  2. I loved your video! With all of these issues it sometimes easier to push off a lesson for the next day and then what happens the next day, more issues and before you know if the lesson never gets done and the students miss out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona! I saw that happen during my observations this semester. It even happened to me during my lesson implementation. I didn't plan for the "mishaps" so we ended up running out of time. I don't think the classroom teachers decided to finish the lesson on their own time so every time I see the students they ask if we are finishing the project!

      Delete
  3. Very good presentation. I am in agreement with you about the teachers not familiar with technology. If they are unfamiliar with the technology it is no way they can teach the students how to use it. I was in a class and the teacher was trying to upload the slide and she was having so much problem and It was the students telling her what to do. To go forward in New Literacy the school must ensure that the teachers get some form of training how to use technology in the classroom. In this age and time that we are living in everyone needs to get on board with the technology. This will help our students to be motivated more involve in their own learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof! They certainly know how to work most of these programs better than the teachers. When I first started substituting I basically relied on the kids to show me how to operate the SmartBoard, now I'd like to think I'm a pro! :)

      Delete
  4. Great presentation, Nicole! Teacher education is essential when it comes to new literacies within the classroom. Teachers must themselves be comfortable using technology before presenting these new platforms to students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolyn! I agree with you 100%. In order for our students to be adept, we need to be adept.

      Delete
  5. Hey Nicole,
    I liked your slideshow theme, and I especially liked that all of your ideas were clear, concise and to the point. It was very easy to follow your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clear and easy to understand why and how to import new literacy to students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video Nicole! Everything was clearly said and had some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UDL Book Builder Project

Week 7: Assignment #2 Second Life Reflection