Week 2: Task #4 Interview an ELA Teacher


For this weeks assignment I interviewed a Kindergarten teacher at Springs Schools about her use of technology with ELA instruction.
           
Q: How is technology integrated into your teaching to facilitate a child’s language and literacy development?
A: I integrate technology into my teaching on a daily basis and it is used across all subjects. In my class I use a SmartBoard/ActiveInspire which will display the morning message. Students are involved with reading the message and filling in the blank letters. We will use the SmartBoard to complete our Fundations lessons as well. Students also have access to Chromebooks where they can practice more language and literacy skills.

Q: What technologies do you use?
A: Aside from the SmartBoard and ActiveInspire I use many educational websites to help students develop language and literacy. One website that I’m very fond of is ReadingA-Z.com. This website allows me to pick appropriate leveled books for each student as well as help with their assessments. Another site we use a lot in this classroom is StarFall.com. The kids really like this one too because it gives them so many options to choose from. All of these websites are accessed by each student on a Google Chromebook.

Q: What are some challenges you run into while trying to integrate these technologies?
A: One of the biggest challenges at our school is that we don’t have a sufficient amount of Chromebooks for the kids. We have four classrooms that are sharing one computer cart. A lot of the time when you want to reserve the cart another classroom has it. We also tend to have a good amount of connection issues out here in the portables (this classroom is located in a small building that is not attached to the main school).

Comments

  1. I have never heard of A-Z Reading.com and am going to be looking into this. I love when I hear about new sources that can be used in the classroom. Great job with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Every resource helps :) They also have other site tabs for vocabulary, writing, science, etc., it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UDL Book Builder Project

Week 7: Assignment #2 Second Life Reflection