The contents of this book were inspired by one of my students, Mia, from a couple of years ago. She was in preschool at the time and we were writing and illustrating our own books. This was something I did all of the time with the kids. All I did was take some scrap paper, fold it, and staple the spine. When I looked at her book I had realized that she described the water cycle without knowing it. It was pretty amazing! For this project I used Mia’s idea as inspiration and modified it. Depending on a student’s reading level, this book is appropriate for first or second grade. Though, it can be read to Pre-K or Kindergarten as well. When I showed my rough draft to the ELA teachers I have been observing, they offered me some helpful tips. At first, the sentences I had created were a little too complicated and wordy. So I worked on making them more simple and u...
Comments
Post a Comment